Monday, October 10, 2011

Cullum, VAMPIRES VAMPIRES VAMPIRES

As soon as I got about 20 minutes into Vampire Hunter D, it had already started reminding me of Blade. I’m a huge scary movie buff, which naturally includes vampire movies! From sixth grade up until sophomore year, I was completely obsessed with all things vampire. I was not obsessed with vampires because of Twilight, like every other vampire crazed girl. I was obsessed with vampires because of The Southern Vampire Series (Sookie Stackhouse Series) written by the lovely Charlaine Harris. When I opened up a signed copy of one of her books, and a picture of her holding it, for Christmas Sophomore year, I could have died happy in that moment. The point of this is, I know an embarrassing amount of information about vampires. 
tumblr.com
Since the blog prompt said to write about anything pertaining to vampires, that we wanted, I will talk about my favorite movies. My three all time favorite vampire movies are Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (because lets be honest, this one was Bada$$), Interview with a Vampire and THE amazing Lost Boys. Underworld is so amazing to me because it talks about the origins of both vampires and lycans. I also love how they tie in this intricate love story and the cold heartedness of vampires in this particular film. For those of you who haven’t seen this one, the ‘king’s’ servant lycan named Lucian and the ‘king’s’ daughter, Sonja, (a vampire) fall in love, and she becomes pregnant with a hybrid baby. Her father burns her in the sun room and makes the Lucian watch. He ends up getting together all the lycans and they revolt against the vampires, creating a never ending war between lycans and vampires. 
fanpop.com
Interview with a Vampire is so amazing because it shows what being a vampire who doesn’t want to be one is like. A vampire named Lestat turns a man named Louis, who hates his life, into a vampire. This movie covers the life of Louis from right before he got turned into a vampire up until the moment he is telling the story. Lestat puts Louis through some rough sh!t. Louis is forced to drink human blood, Louis is a vampire with a mortal consciousness and even brings a dying young girl named Claudia (played by the wonderful Kirsten Dunst) into the immortal life of a vampire (to save her from dying of Yellow Fever). I think the fact that this is a wonderfully written story by Anne Rice (which surpirsed me when I first read the book) and was adapted just as wonderfully on the big screen is one of the reasons I am so intrigued by this story of a very compassionate vampire named Louis. It is also set in New Orleans and it has a bit of a history lesson in it also, and I love history. 
postercabaret.com
lukemiltonwrites.com
The last film on my favorites list is The Lost Boys! I like vampire films that portray vampires as they are meant to be portrayed; as scary monsters that should be feared!! If you haven’t seen The Lost Boys yet, you need to rent it or watch it online on Megavideo right now. Its an awesome old movie. There is so much information about vampirism in it, that you could make a small Vampire for Dummies pamphlet from it. This movie follows the story of two teenage boys who have just moved to Santa Carla, California. Michael, one of brothers, angers the leader of the vampire motorcycle gang named David, by falling for his girlfriend named Star.  David turns Michael into a vampire and his younger brother Sam enlists in the help of the Frog brothers to help him turn his brother back into a human. The Frog Brothers are vampire hunters. In the end, *SPOILER ALERT, READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS AMAZING MOVIE*, David is killed and all of the vampires he has turned, become human again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment